How best to use my air conditioning unit during the summer heat?
14 Oct 2020
During the summer and especially in the summer heat period, air conditioners are considered an integral part of every household and workplace.
Using your air conditioner and avoiding high electricity bills
How we can operate our air conditioning units effectively? Is there an economical use of air conditioners? Can air conditioners cool our atmosphere without getting freezing?
The answer is that this is possible! If we know the proper way, we can operate our air conditioning systems without fearing the electricity consumption. Learn all the secrets of the proper air conditioning use and cool you area with the minimum energy consumption:
Secrets of the proper air conditioning use
- A key requirement is to choose the right air conditioning unit. If you haven’t chosen yet, contact The Aircon Company to see which one is proper for your house. If you have a smaller unit than is required for your space you will have increased power consumption and reduced performance.
- Don’t choose very low room temperatures. In this way, your body enjoys the cooling atmosphere while you are inside, but also you will not suffer from the temperature difference that exists outside. A general rule is to set your air conditioning unit 12 degrees below the outdoor atmosphere temperature.
- While you are at home, don’t stop and start your air conditioner, as you are not saving money by doing this. Open your air conditioner in the morning and leave it operating throughout the day. If your air conditioning unit uses DC Inverter technology; you will have very low power consumption during the operation and a constant temperature in your home.
- Don’t use your air conditioning unit during the night. Before you sleep, turn on the Sleep Mode. In the sleep mode, air conditioners increase the level of the desired indoor temperature and after a while it turns off. In such a way, you can feel cool while sleeping without spending money and getting sick.
- Keep the doors and the windows closed the whole day, especially during the middle of the day. Be sure that you ventilate the house early in the morning or late at night when the outside temperature is at the lowest levels.
- Do not use ovens or projectors during summer heat and while the air conditioners are operating. It is better to cook in the afternoon, ventilate the house and then turn on your air conditioning unit.
- You can pull down blinds and shutters to avoid your air conditioning unit have direct exposure to the sun.
- Do not operate the air conditioners in spaces that you are not living during the day. Try to save money from the unused spaces.